Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Verizon's iPhone D-Day arrives



If you're one of the many long-suffering Verizon customers who have been lusting for the iPhone, your big day is finally here. Almost. At 3 a.m. Thursday, Verizon folks will be able to go online and pre-order Apple's game-changing smartphone. Is it really necessary to wake up that time of night to make sure you get yours? Who knows. But given the mass hysteria that typically comes standard with iPhone releases, you'd better set the alarm if you absolutely must have one before they go on sale at stores for the general public (read: network switchers) on Feb. 10.

I'm on Verizon. And I'm considering the iPhone. I've heard some folks say it makes no sense to get one now, since given Apple's history, a new iPhone is likely on the way this summer. Others say don't even bother with the iPhone. Wait for the 4G bad-boys coming out on Verizon, like the HTC Thunderbolt and the Droid Bionic. Decisions, decisions. (Here's a good Q&A on the quandary from CNET). I think I'm going to wait, if only to see what the 4G phones have to say about all this. Some say there are clues the wait might not be that long.

What do you think? Are you getting up at 3 a.m. to order the iPhone? Or are you waiting for the 4G phones or the next iPhone?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with AT&T and my contract expires sometime this month. I'll be staying with AT&T but waiting until this summer to get a new phone.

Anonymous said...

"... lusting for the iPhone..."
Pa-leeze!

Southern Girl Speaks said...

Got up at 3AM and got my Ipone on order. I like some the android powered phones but I have a apple ipad and 2 ipods at home and the iphone will make more sense for me at this time.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the good times in your blog. I am often to watch the post (as always) these wonderful articles you shared. Very interesting. Good luck to you!

voyance par mail ; voyance gratuite en ligne

Anonymous said...

Your blog is beautiful, only beautiful ideas!

voyance mail gratuit en ligne

rosy123 said...

re bonjour,
je viens de parcourir une grande partie de votre site... une merveille !!! merci d'exister
voyance par email gratuit