Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Five Facebook buttons I wish existed


A while back, a fake Facebook "dislike" button scam tricked people into giving out their personal information. Users have been wanting a "dislike" button for the longest, but the friendly folks at Facebook offer nothing beyond the "like" button for one-click response to other people's posts.

That got me to thinking of other buttons I wish Facebook had:

  1. The Yawn button. Enough already with the "on the way to the post office" posts.
  2. The "Kanye West" button. For that special friend who insists on sharing raw-edged opinions about politics, religion or other touchy subjects in hopes of ticking people off.
  3. The "Tiger Woods" oversharing button. Here's an authentic, I-did-not-make-this-up example: "Thought twice was enough. She's insatiable."
  4. The "get a room" button. A Motel 6 icon for those lucky-but-annoying couples who just insist on cooing and sweet-talking each other on Facebook.
  5. The "And...who are you again?" button. (Like it hasn't happened to you too!)
What buttons do you wish Facebook had?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally like the "Meh" button.

Anonymous said...

How about a LOSER button. Yes, that's right! For all the facebook addicts who couldn't socialize their way out of a damn paper bag in the real world! Pathetic!

A Fitzpatrick said...

The anti-location, I don't want you to know where I am button. Come to think of it, Tiger could have used this one too!

Anonymous said...

They could use a "STFU" button...

AnnoyingJoe said...

How 'bout a "witness protection" button for every idiot cousin that sends me mafia war B.S.

Anonymous said...

https://wikitamer.wordpress.com/2015/01/15/dislike-button-on-facebook/

rosi said...

I find your hyper great site, I wish you lots of success because you deserve it, good luck and congratulations for this wonderful site!

voyance gratuite par email ; voyance gratuite par mail